The Cheltenham and District Allotment Holders’ Association (C&DAHA) formed in 1976 when a group of allotment gardeners saw the need to promote the interests of allotment gardeners. C&DAHA consult with the Borough Council on matters of concern such as Terms of Tenancies, rents and site maintenance. Members also benefit from a number of discounts from local suppliers including a seed scheme, which gives members the opportunity to purchase seeds and other items at a favourable rate.
We aim to have representatives from each allotment site on our committee, which meets four times a year to discuss allotment business and to provide a link between Allotment Tenants and the local council.
We offer support, guidance and advice to our members and those with an interest in allotment gardening.
We are affiliated to the National Allotment Society and the Gloucestershire Federation of Gardening Societies which has over 150 member societies.
What Do We Do?
The Cheltenham and District Allotment Holders Association works in the interests of its members by:
- consulting with the Borough Council on matters such as terms of tenancies, rents and site maintenance
- organising three meetings per year for members
- organising visits to places of interest to members
- running a seed scheme which gives members access to the purchase of seed and other items at favourable rates
- negotiating discounts with local suppliers where possible
- publishing a newsletter for members four times per year
- running an allotment competition for members each year
- arranging advice from the National Allotment Society for members when they request it
- managing an informative website
Download our information leaflet here.