This recipe makes approx 1 litre of Spicy Tomato Sauce. I was still using jars in April that I had made the previous September.
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 2 kg ripe tomatoes sliced
- 150ml spiced vinegar
- 150g sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Half level teas paprika pepper
- 1 level dessertspoon salt
- I used a pressure cooker for 3 minutes at high pressure, alternatively put tomatoes and vinegar into pan and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer in open pan till the required consistency is reached.
- Bottle in sterile jars whilst hot and cover with jam pot covers and/or hard lids.
- For a smoother sauce liquidise or rub cooked tomatoes through a sieve.
- Store in a cool place. (In April I am still using jars made in September)
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.